Whoo hoo, the lovely Jelly With The Belly has nominated me for a Liebster Award. To be honest I hadn’t heard of them before, so after reading Jelly’s post I totally understood the deal! Wow, thanks Jelly, it’s great to be taking part and I’m thrilled to be nominated!
The rules are very simple:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator has asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 questions
- Let them know you have nominated them
So here’s 11 facts about me:
- I love red lipstick. I don’t mind the brand but particularly love Lancome, Mac and at the moment NYX are a good budget buy.
- I am obsessed with sparkly footwear, you name it trainers, heels or boots! I have an ever growing collection of Adidas and Converse. Although I did recently purchase a pair of Adidas Superstar’s in bright pink suede and I love them!
- The Wizard of Oz is my favourite film of all time, it could be something to do with the shoes though (see above!).
- I love music photography. I used to be editor of an online music magazine and as well as write about music I’d take pictures of bands and artists at gigs and festivals. I still dabble from time to time and enjoy the challenge. I hope to expand my photography interests more over the coming year.
- I love bright colours, especially when it comes to hair – although I’m on a break with colouring mine at the moment, but hope to start again when my hair is in better condition.
- I’m a nurse and am proud to be one. It’s a tough, challenging job that only a few can do but it’s rewarding at times. I don’t let politics get in the way of doing my job, but am worried about the future of the NHS as a whole.
- I live with my partner Gary and our cat Tony. Tony is the house boss and Gary and I are his mere slaves! I do love both my fur babies (Gary has a beard so he’s included as a fur baby!)
- I love a good Netflix binge, I’m obsessed with the Santa Clarita Diet at the moment and am already looking forward to finding something to watch after it!
- I openly talk about my mental health problems and my ongoing anxiety problems. Since childhood I have struggled with anxiety and depression, but at present I seem to be on top of things. My blog is my therapy in a way!
- I’m a complete food lover. I could eat curry morning, noon and night. Love a good pie with Hendersons relish on. Proper fish, chips and mushy peas from a chippy. A good spicy chilli with nachos. I love trying new foods, the only thing I’m not fussed about it sea food, but I do like fish.
- I have a number of hobbies but one that I’m trying to develop is sewing. I loved sewing when I was younger and with the help of my mum had a new outfit every Friday day night. My aim for this year is to make a capsule wardrobe and add a few stunning pieces. I also plan to make bags and accessories too…although we shall see how that goes!
So that’s the 11 facts about me, now to answer the lovely Jelly’s questions:
- What is your favourite ice cream flavour? When I was little my grandma used to serve us pineapple and coconut ice cream, it was lush but I’ve never come across it since. I do love Ben and Jerry’s Cookie Dough or Strawberry Cheesecake.
- If you were an animal what would you be and why? As obvious as it seems I’d be a cat. Sleeping all day, being fed and fussed what more could a girl want?!
- What is your favourite season and why? I love winter as I’m a December baby, snuggling up on the sofa trying to hibernate is one of my favourite things. I also love spring. There’s something wonderful about seeing the leaves budding and cherry blossoms coming out, it’s kind of romantic!
- Do you prefer the beach or the city? I can’t sit still on a beach, but I do love the sunshine and being at the waterside. I love exploring and discovering new places, so I’ll only just prefer the city!
- What is your favourite outfit? My wardrobe is mainly black, so I usually wear whatever I pull out. I do love a good black dress, accompanied with trainers and a good red lipstick!
- What was the last film you saw? This is easy as last week we went to see Trainspotting 2, and it was awesome. Such a good film. I won’t spoil it for you if you haven’t seen it but I’d definitely recommend it!
- Do you have a nickname? I guess it’s Jenn. I’m a Jennifer shortened to Jenny then shortened to Jenn! Although I occasionally get called Diddy by my brother, as when I was little I couldn’t say Jenny!
- What do you usually eat for breakfast? If I’m working then it’ll just be breakfast biscuits, but if I’m off work then it’ll be poached eggs on toast or a full English (Slimming World style).
- What is the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done? This is a tough question, I’m trying to think of a good answer! I’m a complete planner, although random things do occur. I guess my biggest thing was moving to Cambridge to work, as I did it on a whim. I saw a job, went for the interview handed my notice in and within 5 weeks I’d moved. Does that count? Aside from that it’d be spontaneous nights out, train trips to see friends on a moments notice or something really rather dull like buying Malteasers instead of a loaf of bread!
- If you could be one person for the day who would you be and why? I don’t have heroes so I’m not sure who I’d actually be. I’d quite like to be Roisin Murphy or Bjork maybe. Both are strong women, with deep creativity and a good sense of fashion. They aren’t afraid of hard work or rejection, both produce amazing results in what they do and I’ve been an admirer of them both since my teenage years.
I’ve been blogging here for nearly a year, for a lot of it I kept it to myself. More recently I have been involving myself in blog chats and getting to know new lovely people who have something in common with me. One is obviously Jelly, but here’s a few people I’d like to know more about and so…
For this Liebster Award, I’d like to nominate:
Here are my questions to you guys:
- If you could anything you wanted right now what would it be?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What is your favourite accessory?
- If you could get away with a crime, what would it be?
- If you could only take 3 items with you to a desert island what would they be and why?
- What was your dream job growing up?
- What would be your perfect day?
- What is your favourite meal?
- What is your favourite comedy film?
- What are you 3 favourite songs and why?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
I am looking forward to reading your replies to this and knowing more about you 🙂