When it comes to talking about myself it’s always a challenge, so to pick 5 things I like about me is a rather tough. I’m really my own worst critic. So after thinking and thinking I think I’ve worked it out…although I may change my mind later on, hey I’m a woman it’s my prerogative!
So, here we go…five things I like about me:
- My glasses. I’ve worn glasses since I was about 14. My first pair was simply awful, proper 90’s large specs, I shudder at the thought of them now! These days I’m happy with a simple black pair, slightly rounded almost cat eye. The thing is I only have one pair, but I’m planning to get more designs. There’s a whole world of choice out there, it’s a case of why have one black pair when you can have several (it’s a bit like dresses!). I still wear contact lenses from time to time, but I go back to my old faithful specs, I can’t see without them!
- I’m a generous person, I’d really give you the shirt off my back if you needed it. I it mean I really would! Generosity to me isn’t always about giving people material things, it’s about more than that. Having time to share and spend with people, knowing when they’re down and being able to lift them up, it’s giving without receiving.
- Style wise, I’m a simple girl with a simple style – black, trainers, red lipstick it’s as simple as that. I love colouring my hair and I can’t wait to get it back to blonde so I can pastelise it, I’d love peach with hints of pink if I’m being honest! I’m happy with my style, I’m not overtly fussy and I’ve learnt to embrace my shape, size and who I am plus also the need for accessories. I basically still dress the same way I did when I was 17, but with a bit more flare! I love acrylic necklaces, I have a fairly large collection by different designers. I don’t have a favourite, it just depends what mood I’m in!
- I am quirky in a lot of ways, although my quirks may seem boring to others. I have the worst sense of humour ever, I cannot tell a joke to save my life. I collect pens, you name it I probably have it – flamingo pens, cat pens, multi packs of Staedtler pens and then there’s the notebooks. I have all the notebooks in various colours and sizes, my preferred brand is Leuchtturm which I frequently buy off eBay or Amazon, they aren’t cheap either but boy are they pretty. I make notes and lists about everything. I’m obsessed with buying washing up liquid and loo rolls – imagine running out of either?!
- I’m a trusting person, although I don’t suffer fools. It takes me a while to trust people. I have a small number of close friends (the inner circle), these are the ones I share things with, those who I know won’t judge and will support me whatever. I’m grateful for these people!
What 5 things do you like about you? I’d love to know 🙂