It’s easy to take things for granted, believe me I know. This 52 weeks of gratitude challenge has certainly proved to be just that, a challenge.
Without wanting to dwell too much on recent events, the passing of my wonderful (step) dad. I’ve found myself in a bit of limbo, I’m not sure why. I don’t know whether it’s still grief or if it’s the fact that we can’t as yet put to bed his passing, this is because his case is now under a coroners inquiry. Awful isn’t it.
I’ve said before I’m not one to go and share the ins and outs of my life or my endless soul searching, especially when it comes to something like this. I guess what I’m trying to say is life isn’t something we should take for granted.
While we are here, we are here to make a difference, whether it’s to just one person or millions of people. We don’t know how much difference we can make in one moment, the power of humanity is an amazing thing. We all have a power within us, it’s a shame a lot of people don’t make the most of things.
Sorry, I’m sounding a bit like a hippy now. When I read that back I sound like my mother (note my hysterics here, I still can’t decide if it’s a good or a bad thing!).
I’ve been reading round mindfulness for a while now (see my Pinterest if you fancy a read), and whilst I still fight with meditation, I am grateful for everything around me. Sometimes it’s the little things that count, so here’s a few of those things that I am thankful for:
20 Things to be Thankful for
- Family and the memories they have given me
- Friends and loved ones, especially those close to me
- My health and the fact that each day I am well
- My cat, Tony, following me around each day
- Waking up in a bed each morning
- My job and the difference I make to others an the help and support they give me
- Songs that make me smile
- The colours that occur within the changing seasons
- Walking around with no shoes on
- Being able to watch the sunrise and set each day
- Good manners
- Being able to laugh and cry whenever I feel like it
- Being able to share my thoughts
- All the encouragement I have had with my career, hobbies, life etc
- The little things in life, like people holding the door open, buying flowers, smiling
- The challenges everyday brings and the ability to overcome them
- My bad days, with every bad day, there’s always the ability to reflect and learn
- My constant yearning to learn new things
- Technology and all its advances
- I am thankful for you for reading this, thank you