If you haven’t guessed by now, I do love a challenge, especially when it comes to blogging. The awesome Jelly with the Belly has tagged me in to talk about my hopes and wishes for 2017, yes I know it’ll be March soon. Whenever January comes around instead of making resolutions I like to go with the flow and then add in a a few plans. So basically, everything up to now has been a bit of practice for the main event (whatever that should be!).
So the point of this is to express wishes and hopes for this year. I admit it’s a bit hard to work out the who/what/when/where when it comes to ones desires, especially when some things can be quite personal, obviously so one doesn’t look all superficial!
So here we go, here are some of my wishes and hopes for 2017:
5 Personal Wishes
- To continue to be able to control my anxiety issues and not let depression take a hold. My biggest fear is the darkness I’ve been through in the past comes back and rears it’s ugly head, but so far so good. I look forward to the future without it’s return! I just need to continue to work through the anxieties when it comes to doing new things, meeting new people, going to events that kind of thing!
- I guess this is part of point one, but I need to test myself more, stop letting my fears (anxieties) hold me back. I want to try new things, meet new people, go places. I want to enjoy life and make the most of new experiences. I love broadening my knowledge and experiences, I love doing courses and testing myself. It not only encourages me to learn but also to develop as a person.
- I’d love to maintain a proper beauty regime, not just about make up but my hair too. I love bright hair colours but due to work I do have to tame it down! I’m going to try a new hairdresser soon, so hopefully we’ll be able to sort the hair issues out! As for make-up, I’m going to keep applying that like I did when I was 16, I can’t be bothered with contouring or HD brows, but I will work on a skincare regime.
- I’d love to try and curb my shoe and bag collection, it’s really getting a bit out of hand. By shoes I mean trainers, by trainers I mean Adidas Superstars, in any bright/shiny/pattern/colour. By bags, those ones that aren’t really practical and are more fun than anything – I’m talking Skinny Dip’s flamingo bag, Mexican wrestler hood bag and liquid sarcasm bag. I should be buying leather totes or satchels, something a little more useful!
- Whilst I am generally happy in my own skin I love my food and beer (I don’t drink loads or often by the way!) but I really need to lose some weight. I signed up with Slimming World and am on the path to losing weight – 1 stone down a few more to go. I’m not doing this for vanity reasons, but more for health. Slowly but surely the weight is coming off, although I’m not as strict as I should be 🙂
5 Family Wishes
- My first wish is relative simple, that’s to make the most of the time we have together as a family. My stepdad is terminally ill with cancer. It’s something I don’t chose to talk about with others, everyone has things going on and everyone knows someone who has or had a cancer diagnosis. We don’t know how much time anyone has, but the main thing is spending that time together and making sure it’s quality time.
- Gary and I need a holiday, whether it’s home or abroad it doesn’t matter. We’re planning a few weekend breaks, but a week or so in the sun is something we’re going to do…as long as I get my passport sorted!
- Enjoy the little things, Gary and I have always had a bit of an upside down lifestyle. When we first met he worked away a lot, then he got full time employment working mon-fri, whilst I work shifts. If I’m on nights or working a weekend then we don’t spend a lot of time together. We do try and make the most of weekends when I’m free, but some days you just need a PJ day and if that’s a weekend then so be it! We make sure we have good food, a good film or we go out and meet up with friends or just have an impromptu date day or night.
- I have 2 beautiful nieces, who are wonderful, crazy little girls and there’s another one on the way (due in April). I wish them a bright future, health, happiness and hope that they’ll look after their crazy old aunty and uncle when they’re old!
- Regardless of what I wish for, we make our own destiny I’d love a new house with a garden and may be another cat! I’m not a materialistic kind of person, even though I do like my ‘things’ and these’s plenty of those that I’d love, I just want health and happiness for all my family and friends.
5 Blog Wishes
- To be consistent with blogging and keep it up.
- To expand my horizons with posts and projects.
- To meet up with other bloggers, go to events and try new things.
- To develop my skills, whether it be writing, photography, scheduling or marketing it.
- I’d love it if people enjoyed reading my posts on my blog, that’s the main thing. I’m not here to sell anything, I just want people to enjoy what I do!
- Wholly embrace new situations in the future.
- To develop and brew a beer with a local brewery
- To get back in to photography
- To make the most of my time and stop having Netflix binges, seriously there are so many good programmes on at the moment.
- To spend more time together with those who matter, enjoying every moment and having lots of adventures no matter how big or small.
So, that’s me in a nutshell. So I’m going to pass the batten on and tag Ella from Whimsicella, I’d love to hear about your hopes and dreams. What plans do you have for the future?